Aqua Shield 2K
Category : Finishing
Introducing the revolutionary Swisstek Aqua Shield 2K Waterproofer – a top-of-the-line solution that guarantees to keep your structures protected against water damage! Formulated with a cementitious base and expertly blended with graded aggregates and specially designed acrylic additives, Swisstek Aqua Shield 2K Waterproofer is a true testament to advanced waterproofing technology.
Swisstek Aqua Shield is perfect for safeguarding concrete slabs, rooftops, columns, retaining walls, bases, foundations, pile caps, swimming pools, water tanks, bathrooms, and kitchens from the harmful effects of water exposure.With Swisstek Aqua Shield 2K Waterproofer, you can have peace of mind knowing that your structures are well-protected against water intrusion, leaks, and other water-related damages.
AQUA SHIELD 2K (TWO COMPONENT) WATERPROOFER
Technical data sheet
ULTRA GRIP TILE ADHESIVE
Contains excellent bonding and anti-slip properties. White in color. Ideal for marble tiles and glass mosaic tiles. High water resistance and resistance to thermal expansion and contraction.
Why Choose Swisstek Aqua Shield?
- Prevents Water Penetration
- Easily Applied By Brush
- Flexible And Elastic
- Excellent Adhesion To Concrete And Masonry Substrate (High Tensile Strength)
- Crack Bridging Property
- Resistance To Chloride lon Diffusion
- Compatible With Ceramic Tile Adhesives
Direction for application
- Surface Preparation
Allow new concrete and masonry substrates to fully cure prior to application. All surfaces must be free from oil, grease, wax, dirt or any other foreign materials and loosely adhering materials that might affect adhesion. Use a wire brush and thoroughly clean the surface, vacuum off the resulting residue/powder. Wash the area with clean water and let it dry completely. The substrate should reach a “saturated surface dry (SSD)” condition (damp, without standing water).
- Mixing The liquid component should be shaken well before mixing. Slowly add the powder component to the liquid component in a clean container and, by using a mechanical mixer, mix them until a smooth and homogeneous consistency is achieved. Prior to application, allow the mixed slurry to stand for 3 – 5 minutes to release any air trapped during the mixing process.
Use a masonry float, trowel or brush to apply the mixed Aqua Shield Waterproofer coating. The first coat (0.8mm – 1mm) should be applied in a vertical direction to cover the entire area. The first coat should dry for 4-6 hours. The second coat (0.8mm – 1 mm) should be applied in a horizontal direction. For better reinforcement, using a fiberglass mesh is recommended when applying the waterproofer material in corners and edges.
- Curing To prevent shrinkage, the application area should be covered from sunlight and wind. Curing by air is sufficient. Tiles can be fixed on the Aqua Shield Waterproofer coated surface after 7 days. Apply a protective screed layer on the waterproofed area.
Packaging and Storage
- 5 kg pack
- Store in a dry place.
- Once opened, keep the bag properly sealed to prevent exposure to weather.
A 5kg pack, with 0.8mm film thickness, covers approximately 40 sq.ft. However, coverage may vary according to the flatness of the surface.