Category : Finishing
Technical data sheet
Why Choose Swisstek Skim Coat?
- The product does not contain any lime ash.
- It can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- No additional polymers are required. Simply add water.
- The easy workability of the product and non-sticky allow better levelling, hence giving the perfect finish.
- Absorption of paint is minimal, resulting in less paint consumption.
- Resistant to shrinkage.
Directions For Use
- Remove all foreign material (dust, grease, oil, fungus, moss, and so on) from the wall surface using a wire brush or sandpaper.
- Ensure that all existing damages, cracks, and voids are tended to prior to the application of Skim Coat.
- Mix the product as per the ratio of 20 KG of Skim Coat to 7 to 8 litres of water.
- Use a mechanical stirrer to achieve the best consistency.
- Apply the mixture using a putty blade or trowel (Note: Wear gloves at all times when working with Skim Coat).
- If a second layer is necessary, allow the first coat to dry for 3 hours before repeating the process.
- Once the wall surface dries completely, remove any loose particles with a wet sponge or sandpaper (Note: Wear a dust mask when using sandpaper).
- Store the product in a dry place.
- Once a bag of Skim Coat is opened, seal them tight and well to prevent exposure to air.
- In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with clean water immediately.
- Packaging: 20Kg/ bag
- Coverage: 150-200 square feet (for 2 mm thickness)/ Differs according to the surface
- Color: Grey and white
- Certification: ISO 9001:2015 quality management